Thursday, September 22, 2005

John Reeves Hall

John was a self-described 24-year-old "hacker/geek/pilot" who lived in Southern California and was diagnosed with stage-IV melanoma. He had a blog that I have linked from this site called "John Hall's War on Melanoma." Unfortunately, John's war ended Saturday night. If you haven't already, I encourage you to check out his blog to get a glimpse of what it's like to suffer through something horrible like late-stage melanoma.

Excerpt from John's blog:

A couple of years ago an unusual mole started to form on my left shoulder. I was mildly concerned, but didn't think enough of it to go see a doctor. It continued to grow, eventually stabilizing about a centimeter in diameter, occasionally bleeding slightly. I knew I probably should do something about it, but I didn't think it could possibly be anything bad (who, me, get skin cancer? never!), and feared getting bad news from the doctor, so I never went in.

Bad idea.

No comments: